Friday, September 11, 2009

So-Long Summer Shibang

F0r all extensive purposes my summer has come to a close. School started this Wednesday for me (and two weeks ago for Chuck), and along with taking a full load of courses (15credits), I am also working part time and growing another human being inside of my own body.... So I guess you could say I'm a bit busy these days.

I was able to wrap up my summer in my favorite way, and that is by eating a lot of deep fried food at the Minnesota State Fair. It was Chuck's first time ever going so it was fun to watch him experience it for the first time... it's kind of a big deal. We were able to go with our new friends from church... Diana and Matt (they bought us tickets... that sure was sweet of them!!!)

On the State Fair Menu this year...





Deep Fried Australian Battered Potatoes smothered in a delectable nacho cheese sauce and ranch dressing. You could barely taste the potato... it was like a hot batter patty, which you can't even see because there is so much sauce on it. (This is a nutritionists nightmare!!!!)

This is the "Super Dog" named after the fact that it is SUPER huge (3 hot dogs in length), SUPER delicious, and when you are done you are SUPER full.


Chuck and I just went for the Pronto Pup... battered and fried before our very eyes. I have read that you shouldn't eat hot dogs when you are pregnant... Oooops, guilty as charged.

And what trip to the state fair would be complete without a bucket of hot fresh cookies to share and all you can drink milk.
We also had corn, and best soft serve ice cream in the world in the building where the butter head sculptures are.


We also took part in some of the other fair festivities... who can resist sticking their heads in these things. Chuck looks pretty devious with that chain saw.

I made a goal this semester to only blog once a week... I got to focus on my studies ya know. Hopefully this semester will prove to be eventful and full of wonderful new things to learn. Talk to you next week.

2 comments:

Kris & Aaron said...

You my sistah - are hilarious. Congrats on the pregnancy and you got me hooked...Im now a follower on your blog. Sorry mine is no where near as funny haha!

Anonymous said...

I am so sad I didn't get to go to the fair this year! But I am very happy you seem to have enjoyed it for me as well! I miss you !!!!!