Thursday, October 15, 2009

Viva La Stretchy Pants

Chuck took me maternity clothes shopping a few days back. Two pairs of "secret fit belly pants" a sweater, a pair of tights and two long sleeved shirts.

Not much when you consider it's pretty much my entire wardrobe now... although I continue to stretch out many old shirts and wear unbuttoned pants with the BellaBand now and again.

I have realized the power of clothes that actually fit. It's really liberating to not feel like your circulation is being cut off by your pants... or that your shirt might roll up and expose your midsection or top of your bum. Consequently I find myself moving around a lot more this week... I went for a great power walk with a pregnant neighbor and am trying to exercise a little bit each day.

We scheduled our first Ultra Sound for November 8th... so in about a month we will be able to find out the sex of the baby and see what's going on in this belly of mine!!!! We predict a boy... but are not counting all of our chickens before they hatch.

Lots to look forward to...

3 comments:

Sara said...

Wow! Thanks for the pics of the BellaBand...I had no idea! I'll have to remember that!

Toni Call said...

Are your "secret fit belly" pants from motherhood? i love mine, they are sooo comfy! i hope you have a boy, so our boys can be best buddies/cousins!

The Atomic Mom said...

The secret fit pants were something that made me crazy. Did not like them. So, if you want I can send you my pair of secret fit jeans, size XL if you want them...they're probably too big for your smallness. But they're yours if you want. I got a knock off belly band from expectingcomfort.com. They also have other good maternity things that are modest, because let's face it, when you're fat and pregnant, the last thin you want is to be gettin yo slut on...yo!