Monday, September 26, 2011

The unpublished post: Due-due

I started writing this the morning I went into labor... thought I would add the pictures finally and go ahead and post it for historical purposes.

Ummm... no baby yet. We are one week and two days past the "due date" (which really is just an estimation anyhow) and wondering when we will meet our little Daphnie. My mom and grandma are here with me for the big event... I just hope they get to see the show :) My dad was here too for a week and just flew home. Fiona was thrilled to have her papa around. She was glued to him, it was very precious.


I have been incredibly active and feel great... it makes me feel like some kind of warrior now when people ask me when I'm due. My midwife told me that they do NOT allow women to go two weeks past the date. My mom and grandma both had kids 3 weeks past the due date so I asked what if I wanted to wait a little bit longer. My midwife said they would come to my house and find me and get the baby (half jokingly, but serious).  I am hoping Daphnie comes out on her own, time will tell. There is talk about stripping of the membranes which I don't like the sound of.... anyone ever had that done? They also want me to schedule an induction which Chuck and I refused to do. We are going to try everything we can to avoid having me hooked up to pitosin.

I wanted to write a little post about the things that I made for her when she comes. For some reason she reminds me of bumble bees and the color yellow. I think it's because early in my pregnancy I was helping a friend with a small bussiness venture she was starting and I had to study up on bees and colony collapse disorder. Her company is called Mademoiselle Miel, which in French means Miss Honey. She works with a bee keeper society in Minnesota and makes the MOST delicious honey sweetened treats. She started selling her Honey Bon Bons at some local shops in Saint Paul. I LOVE her bussiness model and the art work that she has had done for her packaging and products. She inspires me to want to start a bussiness myself.

She had a local artist design a poster that would be sold to help raise money for colony collapse. I loved it and bought one of the limited edition posters (only 75 in print) to hang above Daphnie's bed.


Then of course I had to crochet something for her too. This is her little bumble bee hat (it is just like one I made for Fiona).

And this is her little crochet dress, which wont fit her until she is about 3 or 4 months old, but time sure moves fast with babies around. Can I just say I love making these little dresses... when I am an old lady I am just going to sit and crank these things out for grand babies.


Everything is all ready and in place, just waiting to meet our little bee!

4 comments:

Lisa Puga said...

I can't wait to see pictures of your darling little Daphnie. Congratulations!

jeff and alli said...

I think this post is kind of mean, you tell us you had the baby, but no details!!! :) Congrats though, and can't wait to see what she looks like.

I think seeing grandbabies with grandpas and grandmas is so cute. Glad Fiona loved grandpa time.

The Atomic Mom said...

Not that it matters now, since you had the baby, but stripping the membranes is painful, but it's very temprorary. You can take anything for 2 minutes. Heck, if you do natural childbirth, stripping the membranes is nothing. And the reaon they'd go ahead and induce you after one week overdue is so that your body does not start harming the baby, which can happen. They are extra careful, so they don't get sued. Sadly that's the world we live in.

Cannonball...still makes me laugh! KER-SPLASH!

Toni Call said...

you really should open up a shop on Etsy. I bet you'd make some good money selling those cute beanies! I just love the one you made for my baby.