Monday, November 19, 2007

Independant Women


There is something so liberating about being self-reliant. This weekend my Dad taught be how to change the oil in my truck. It was great bonding time for both of us and it's great to see my dad in "his element" he is so talented when it comes to cars and all that jazz.
I was pleasantly surprised... changing oil is pretty easy. In fact I don't think I'll have any problem doing it completely on my own next time. Well except for that bolt that you have to unscrew to drain the oil, I think I had my whole body weight on the wrench and still couldn't get it to budge; my father however unscrewed it quite effortlessly.
In reality it is not really that much cheaper to change your oil yourself, and considering the convenience of having someone else do it... it's worth it to go to the shop. However it feels good to know that if I needed to, I could take care of it myself.

2 comments:

dieselandthemrs said...

Very proud of you, Tacy! Well done! :)

Sarah said...

GO TACY! Way to go, now you can check off one of your goals.