Thursday, July 2, 2009

Faux Deer Faux pas


I am not sure exactly what it is about seeing a deer on the side of the road that makes me want to alert anyone within five feet of me. Which is kind of funny because this is Minnesota and there are deer all over the place... but I just can't resist yelling, "Oh look a deer... right there, did you see that?"


So the other day I was driving in downtown St. Paul with my friend Kristy when there smack in the middle of some one's fenced-in yard was a little deer. I was so excited... "Kristy look at that...." But then as I looked a little closer I realized IT WAS A FAKE DEER. I really felt cheated... and I sat there wondering what is the mind frame of people who buy fake deer to put next to their gardens. I looked at a few websites where you can buy them... would you believe that there are people who exist who will spend over $900.00 for fake deer. If you don't believe me see for yourself.






I mean do you find joy in tricking people into thinking that your yard is some sort of animal sanctuary... do you find pleasure in pretending that a hunk of plastic is gracing you with it's presence each day. I want answers... and I want to know who these people are. Mostly because I am looking for a summer job and I figure if you are willing to shell out hundreds of dollars to look at a fake deer, maybe you could pay me money to take you to see some real ones. I will be excepting cash or credit... NO CHECKS!


2 comments:

jeff and alli said...

Hey Tacy. Yeah, I'm not really into fake animal lawn ornaments myself. :)

I read below that you did a marathon! Wow, that is awesome. A little part of me wants to do one someday, but I really have a long way to go before that happens. Anyhow, I'm very impressed.

The Atomic Mom said...

Ok, this was in a linkedin at the bottom of a post. Why had I never read this post before. It had me on the floor laughing. Mostly because people in Vernal Utah, where Joseph's parents live put fake deer in their front yards and I don't get it. For me it's the pink flamingos. But, serioulsly, our yard usually is crawling with deer all the time. (OH DEER!), except this year. Our neighbors got a German shepard dog that we have named Adolf Hitler and Hitler scares all the deer away. What would really be crazy, is if those fake deer, sang like the fake basses they sell at Walmart.