Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The hamburger sign says no turtles here

This is my attempt to show you an ultrasound pic. It is extra blurry because I took a picture of an already blurry picture (Alison! I don't have a scanner either!!).
Meet baby Call who enjoys...
  • Chillin in the breech position
  • striking a pose Madonna style (had hand up by face for almost every shot)
  • snuggling with placentas
  • Livin in-utero
  • Flashin the hamburger sign... which, for all of you who are familiar with Ultra-Sound lingo, means that baby Call

IS A GIRL!!!!!!!!!!

So much for maternal instinct. I was SURE it was a boy,

But The hamburger sign says no turtles here.

Do you think we could come up with some other terms for recognizing the female anatomy on an ultra sound. I mean there are many things we could compare it to... but a hamburger?!?!?

Maybe this will be the awkward conversation that I bring up sex education with my child... "Well you see honey boys have turtles and little girls have hamburgers"

Or not

Lucky Chuck

Two incredible women to Love


Amy said...

woohoo!! congrats! tou are going to love having a sweet girl. promise. :)

Kristy Lynne said...

YaY!!!! congrats!!

Christy said...

YAY! Um, I just learned to knit. Your baby will have plenty of scarves...! :)

Tammy said...

Little girls are the best!!! Well I am biased because I only have 1 and she is a girl. You will have so much fun dressing her. I didn't think I would but I do.

jeff and alli said...

Congrats and I have to say, this is one of the funniest announcing the sex posts I've ever read. :)

julia macdonald said...

i like your belly. just so you know. yeah for little girls!

Karen said...

Congratulations!!! A girl!!! I'm happy for you and Chuck!