Last night I finished one of my classes for the semester! It was a self study course that you could do at your own pace. I decided to crank out my last two exams and quiz last night after a day of studying. The course was on Medical Terminology and taught the Greek and Latin roots of words that help you to understand medical terms in a quick and easy way (oh how convenient!).
I do feel very well versed in the medical terms which I think is important for anyone to know... I mean how frustrating is it to go to the doctor if you don't understand what they are talking about. However the main thing I took away from this class was a list of diseases and disorders I am glad that I don't have and hope to never contract in my life. Here are just a few, in no particular order:
- Kyphosis- A condition commonly known as humpback or hunchback
- Dysphagia- Inability to swallow or difficulty swallowing.
- Trichosis- Abnormal condition of hair growth, including baldness or excessive hair growth in an unusual place
- Exophthalmos- Protrusion of the eyeballs
And here are a few self diagnosis of my current health condition:
- Polyuria - Excessive urination... especially in the middle of the night.
- Polyphagia- Excessive hunger and uncontrolled eating
- Cephalalgia- Headache
- Narcolepsy- Sudden attacks of sleep that occur at internals
The above was not meant to be a complaint... I am quite enjoying my pregnancy these days. Feeling the baby move is really exciting and makes everything else seem like no big deal.