Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Coccinella septempunctata... insects with a hidden agenda.


Do NOT let the polka dots fool you. Lady bugs are on the hunt and they are after YOUR BRAIN!!! It was about 4:00 in the A.M. last night when I subconsciously reached to scratch my ear... I was horrified when my finger came into contact with a small object which was then shoved INTO my ear during my scratch. I awoke with a fright... "WHAT JUST WENT INTO MY EAR!!!!!!" I was horrified, had a hallucinated it... was it nothing, a big ball of ear wax... WHAT!?!??!?!?
As I sat there momentarily in a slight state of confusion, I felt something crawling IN my ear canal. It was so close to my ear drum I could hear every little movement of it's tiny feet. I began to violently shake my head to the side... "Oh please come OUT! GET OUT!" I was envisioning some critter gnawing on my brain... causing me to go deaf... laying eggs of it's prodigy in my head, and many other weird science fiction plots I have seen in the past.
I ran down the stairs in a panic! I was staying at Chuck's parents house and so I ran to wake him up on the couch. "Chuck Wake up! There is a lady bug in my ear!" I laid down on the floor and began once again to shake my head to the side.
And soon after it fell right out. Which was a relief that I could show Chuck the evidence of there being a bug in my ear... instead of just looking like a crazy person shaking my head at 4:00 in the morning.
The whole incident was short lived, however... I am not happy about having one more thing to be nervous about when I fall asleep each night. As if the thought of spiders crawling into my mouth was not enough. Above is a photograph I snapped of the Lady Bug right before I brutally squished him. He really did whisper that in my ear too and let out an evil cackle.
Well looks like I am going to be sleeping with cotton balls in my ears for awhile until I work past this new phobia. I hope you never have to experience this for yourselves.

2 comments:

dieselandthemrs said...

Eww eww eww! That is SO gross!

Karen said...

Glad it was you and not me???? jk. If that happened to me all I would say about it, is that a bug was in my ear. You can sure tell a story about it. So it's good it happens to people like you, know what I mean??? Have a good day.