Saturday, August 14, 2010

I could not resist

Well it's the end of the semester and you might be saying to yourself, "Tacy, you are not taking any college courses right now." Ah yes, but my husband is, and the end of the semester stress and rush to get everything done directly effects me and Fiona.

Needless to say having just come home from a family reunion up by Canada and then having Chuck hit the books hard.... things seem a little hectic. Not to mention Fiona got a cold and Chuck spent an entire day with a fever over 100 degrees. I had plans to go jet skiing with my family in Wisconsin, yet I could not imagine leaving Chuck under such conditions. What fun would cruising over crystal clear waters on an incredibly humid Minnesota day be without Chuck there anyways? (I must admit the air felt extra hot and sticky that day and I dreamed of being hosed down) .

So I stayed home to play wifey, mommy, cook, and secretary (because who can think and read books when their brain is boiling!!?!?!) Due to the chaos the apartment is a dump. Chuck admitted this morning that this is the biggest backslide in our cleanliness crusade of our marriage. Chuck is unshaven... I spend long hours in my PJs.... you get the picture.

In spite of it all I just keep thinking about how happy I am with my life at this point. I love being married to Chuck, I honestly enjoy helping him out and playing mommy all day... even though I don't show it all the time. There are definitely times when I think of the major decisions that have led me to this point in my life and being so glad that it all worked out the way that it did.

Sometimes as I watch Chuck and I during these college years I wonder if he wouldn't have been happier pursuing his modeling career.... with flights all over the world, loads of cash, new trendy clothes and beautiful people where ever you look. Instead we are broke, wearing very old threads and hand me downs (but he still gets to look at beautiful people each day :) He assures me there is not other place he would rather be.

So....LOL! I begged Chuck to let me post these pictures. He does not show them to people often. But in my opinion it's like having a Van Gogh painting and not hanging it up. I consider these pictures (and my husband himself) a work of art.

In a way they remind me that life is filled with choices, that can be difficult to make... but choosing Chuck was the easiest thing I ever did.... I know he feels the same and that just makes life perfect, no matter what kind of clothes we are wearing or what our apartment looks like.




There are many more pictures from his portfolio but they are just for me to privately giggle at like a teenage girl reading Teen Beat magazine.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm not trying to judge or anything, but you TOTALLY should have gone jet skiing!