Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Is this odd?

On my way to the bank the other day I passed by this missing animal poster. I sat and starred at it dumbfounded for a moment and then went on. But the next day I walked back just to take a picture of it because I couldn't stop thinking about it for the following reasons....
  • Who out in the city is paying that close of attention to pigeons? Seriously would anyone notice, "Hey, I think I saw that pigeon on a poster somewhere?"
  • If you THOUGHT you saw the pigeon in question how comfortable do most people feel approaching and picking up a bird? Not only that but would the bird let you touch it. Fiona tries everyday to grab birds she is 100% unsuccessful.
  • The description of the bird includes that he answers to Charlie, or Charlie Bird... so maybe you wouldn't have to grab him you could just call his and he'd probably hop right over to you.... ya right.
  • He also has "a stubby middle toenail on his right foot" in case you couldn't tell you really had Charlie you would just examine his bird fingernails...
  • I don't agree with the owners statement that since Charlie was domesticated since he was a baby that he needs food and SHELTER immediately. Pigeons do not need shelter, in fact I would like to think that the bird abandoned ship because it was sick of all the shelter. I hope Charlie is flying high right now, pecking at the garbage that lines University Avenue and playing with is other pigeon friends.

2 comments:

The Atomic Mom said...

But the bigger question is, why do they have a pigeon for a pet. That's weird.

sware said...

Thanks for the laugh my friend:) I can't stop!!!