Friday, July 27, 2007

Firsts

It's only the afternoon and this day is already marvelous. I woke up bright and early, and gave the Metro Transit system a test run. I had never taken the bus before today... I know I live a sheltered life. I wanted to make sure that I would make it to work on Monday without any problems, taking the bus is a piece of cake, and it makes me feel all independent. I don't know if other people get this or if it is just some weakness of my own, but new things frighten me a little. Except for food that is.. I mean I'll eat anything. But going new places, or doing something for the first time... especially when people are involved who are not new.... I get butterflies in my stomach and I have this desire to turn and run away. Even just going into a store I've never been in before. Please let me know if anyone gets that way so I wont feel like an odd duck.

I walked around downtown and became more familiar with my new surroundings. I memorized the street order and directions... paying attention to all those tricky one ways. I walked to the stone arch bridge and admired the river and then I called my mom to come pick me up... LOL! You didn't expect me to take the bus there AND BACK did you.
Another amazing first happened today as well, I went and got the mail and there was an envelop from my new employer. I was curious to know what they would be sending me. I opened it up to find my first paycheck!!!!!!!!! I haven't even worked yet and they already sent me a check... I think it might be for the interview or something. Honestly I have no idea, but my stress of having absolutely no money will soon be gone... now I'll just stress on what I should and shouldn't spend it on.

1 comment:

dieselandthemrs said...

Hey Tacy!

I check your blog everyday, excited to read what you wrote but I couldn't read your blog today. Maybe it's just on my computer but your music player thing was in the way of your writing and I couldn't figure out how to make it smaller. Any ideas? :)