Wednesday, May 20, 2009

And then there was 3

To bed after 1:00, and up at 6:00... I tried to go back asleep but the mind racing had begun... the lists began formulating, and out of the corner of my eye I caught the piles of my life that need to be sorted through and put into boxes. Moving is always an interesting endeavor, it is a trip down memory lane, but also an interesting insight into what matters most to you. I have been throwing things away and sending stuff to the thrift store in mass quantities. Very little of my "things" mean anything to me... I think I should just keep my scriptures and running shoes and toss the rest. Ok, so maybe underwear and clothes might be nice to keep as well.


I did a little mind numbing Blog surfin' this morning to fully wake myself up. I found this picture of a print by Louise Bourgeois, and it spoke to my soul....





Here are a few other things that inspired me this morning, I hope they can be a nice distraction for you and whatever you have racing through your brain...



A Mango
Right when I woke up I walked into the kitchen and devoured the most juicy and delicious mango,
I wish I had another one.






A poem

i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart)
i am never without it(anywhere
i go you go, my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing, my darling)
i know
no fate (for you are my fate, my sweet)i want
no world(for beautiful you are my world,
my true)and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you
here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)
-ee Cummings

(the original poem said "I fear" but I changed it to I know, because I really don't have anything to fear.)

A Post Secret

I am waiting for Saturday at 10:00 am, what are you waiting for?

No comments: