Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Making dreams come true...

LIVE with Regis and.... MY SISTER?

Ever since I can remember my sister has had BIG plans in life to be rich and famous. It started with an acting summer camp her and I did where we stared in a local high school production of The Wizard of Oz (we played munchkins as you may have guessed). She would spend the next few years of her life loving the theater and wanting to be an actress.

Then somewhere along the line she caught the modeling bug and wanted to put a portfolio together to send to agencies... but my family was way to poor to jump start that dream. Then there was some Business professionals club she was in where she traveled to New York, I am sure she was looking to be CEO of some major corporation.

She is quite the artist, and paints to this day... I am sure if someone would pay her for her art work she would be all over that.

Most of her life has been dedicated to her musical career, she was a singer in a pretty popular cover band in Fargo... got noticed by the right people and became a Radio Dj at ROCK 102. She had an album produced in a local studio as she writes and sings her own original songs.

Oh and then for awhile she almost became a local weather girl on television. She got to introduce Jay Leno at some local event too.... I think you get the picture. Oh wait I just remember that she went to Seattle for American Idol tryouts once.

Currently the stars in her eyes are fixed on Live with Regis and Kelly... They do some promotional thing where for one day they have a radio DJ fill in for Kelly and SURPRISE, my sister is dead set on getting the job. SOOOOOOO being the nice little sister that I am, I am trying to rope all of you into nominating her so we can make her dream come true...

Just think of the satisfaction YOU will feel when you watch the show say "Hey, I helped to make that happen!"

Alright so there are THREE WAYS you can nominate her. I will try to make this as easy as possible. AND DON'T say to yourself you don't have anytime.... I KNOW all of you out there in blog land like myself spend wasteful time on the computer so just reduce it by 10 minutes today:) THE DEADLINE IS JULY 16th.

  1. Write a letter to Regis and Kelly and tell them why "Lucy Black" (that's her radio name) would make a good co-star. It can just be a few sentences, and if you want to listen to her radio show first just click on the Rock 102 link above between 10 and 2. You can stream the show online.
Women of Radio Co-host for a Day Search
Ansonia Station
P.O. Box 230233
New York, NY 10023-0004
2. Through the LIVE with Regis and Kelly website but you have to sign up to be a member of the show first, but I don't know how many fans I have out there of Regis who have been dying to do this.
3. You can send an e-mail to: lucy@rock102online.com

Here is what Regis and Kelly are asking you to provide along with your nomination…
***Make sure to tell Regis & Kelly in your nomination why Lucy Black will make a great TV personality.
Nominator must be a home listener (so if you have moral issues lying... which I sure do) you can click on the Rock 102 link and stream some of her show into your home from 10-2. I hope you like classic rock!
Nominator must provide the name of the nominated Broadcaster: Lucy Black
The radio station call letters: KRWK-FM
City and state of the station where the nominee works: Fargo, ND

*** For those of you who don't know my sister I have given you some reasons why she would make a great TV personality.

  • She will laugh at Regis's jokes no matter how corny or stupid they may be (she's a laugher)
  • She is quick witted
  • She never grew out of thinking farts and bathroom humor are funny and might increase the viewers of the show to kids ages 7-17.
  • Her last name matches her hair color... catchy huh :)
  • She can be classified with the following adjectives: Spunky, determined, vivacious, alluring, ambitious, coherent, confident, entertaining, enthusiastic, friendly, jolly, silly and zealous.

THANK YOU FOR READING, NOW LETS MAKE HER DREAMS COME TRUE!!!

1 comment:

Toni Call said...

your sister sounds like one fun girl! Good luck to her! I'll be sure and write a letter.