Saturday, January 17, 2009

Death of a Vacuum Cleaner

I don't know if I can adequately describe to you the sorrow that filled my heart when my vacuum cleaner died earlier this week. How could I have fallen in love so deeply with this machine? We have just been through so much together I suppose. My little Dirt Devil was one of my first real grown up purchases when I moved out of my parents house. I was so excited to have a bag-less upright, so easy to empty. She was a light weight model carried up flights of stairs like a breeze... plus who can ignore her "microfresh" filtration system which trapped 99% of allergens.

I think I will miss most though the times we spent dancing across the living room floor, and all the times I accidentally vacuumed up long strings or pens and we would both squeal loudly and then laugh (well the vacuum didn't laugh... but it did squeal) as I shut her off and hoped that she would still work... and she always did, well until this week that is.

The burial has not taken place yet however, I am hopeful that I will be able to buy the part for the spiny-brush-thing that snapped off and we can be reunited again. Until that time my carpet lies spotted with the remnants of daily living, and I am waiting to hear the hum of a dear old friend as she gracefully sucks all of my troubles away.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Mommadriver said...

Tacy, I am so sorry to hear of the demise of your vacuum cleaner...that really is an unfortunate thing to happen to an apartment full of girls. Hope you can get the part you need to fix it SOON!
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

you are such a dork Tacy. But, this is why I love you so much!

Marla said...

That is so sad! I hope it will get fixed and all your troubles will go away =)

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your vacuum cleaner. I know you'll get it fixed and probably sooner than I would. Read all your posts that I missed this month. You are one busy woman. I love the pic with Sister Shaw. I miss both of you!