Friday, February 26, 2010

Week 36 Craft Attack

Here it is in all it's glory. My belly feels so tight, I am understanding the terminology "ready to pop" more and more everyday. I measured 26 inches today and the doctor says the baby feels like the perfect size. It makes me feel good that I can grow a good baby considering all of the plants I kill.


In my excitement to meet the little one, I continue to crochet up a storm... and battle with my desires to blog constantly. Sometimes I think I want to begin multiple themed blogs like many people do. A craft blog, a nutrition blog, a recipe blog....
Plus I feel like my blog title is a little misleading, I mean I hardley go anywhere. Ok well I did walk down to Hamline Ave yesterday, and I spent a good hour at the grocery store this afternoon.
But, keeping a blog updated is a lot of work, and I figure one venue is enough to display my daily dealings. So here are my lattest adventures in yarn.


One Shell Stitch Baby Blanket. Waterfall blue, and white with purple edging.

It is so soft... I am sure baby girl will love nestling up to it. But for right now Big Mama (that's me) uses it all the time to keep her lap cozy warm.

Then I made a new hat... I didn't like the last one, so I bought this sweet pattern from Beth Thompson aka The Yarn Chick.... just like the one my friend's little girl wears.

And then because Beth included directions on how to make an infant size... I of course made a matching hat for baby. I am going to take full advantage of wearing matching stuff with my kid, because I can't fulfill my matchy cravings with Chuck (I DO NOT try to meddle with my husbands wardrobe... I even hessitate suggesting shirts to him at the store because he usually picks out the last thing I would even suspect him to like and then makes it look absolutely fabulous). But I promise to stop as soon as she is old enough to be embarressed by me:)

Then of course with my extra blue yarn I made a pair of slippers to wear in the hospital. This was sparked by the fact that slippers were $6.00 at Target and I gain great satisfaction in knowing that I made these for less than a dollar.
I am starting to wonder if I could possibly finish an afghan before the baby comes...
But the Spring is on the way, and the Minnesota sun has been shinning so maybe more walks are in order.

3 comments:

Amy said...

ahh! I looove the hat!! I so wish I knew how to crochet. I would take full advantage of matching, too. :)

karen said...

That's cool with the crocheting you're doing. I started on something but it's not even done. I think I've been at it for almost a year! Enjoy your Spring in Minnesota. We're enjoying the sunshine and warmth these days here. Been without the jacket now for a week! So Spring is around the corner. (but we haven't gotten the snow yet(here in the city)just the mountains got it). Who knows what could happen in the next few weeks!!

Toni Call said...

i love all of your projects! So cute, especially the matching hats :)