Monday, March 23, 2009

Personal Evolution

It is interesting how much we can change and grow in relatively small periods of time. These last few months have been filled with many defining moments... packed with decisions and experiences which have changed the course of my life forever and are making me different.

It has been hard to think of things to post about because a lot of these moments are extremely close to my heart, really personal you know. It's interesting because previously I liked to expose just about everything from my life on my BLOG... but seeing the hand of God so apparent in my life is quite a humbling experience; and for me has caused a spirit of reverence, and a lot of pondering in my heart.

As I think back on other times of personal growth over the last 26 years one thing has really stood out to me. Simply that Love is an extremely powerful force... it transforms and changes us.
I think about the influence my parents have been, truly full of unconditional Love and support. The have selflessly served me all of these years... they were willing to do whatever it takes to help me find true joy. Their influence and example have really shaped my life and who I am.

When I was out at college in LaCrosse I began reading The Book of Mormon, Another Testament of Jesus Christ. It was at this point in my life that I realized that Jesus Christ was not just a figment of my imagination... but he IS real, and alive, and that he loves me so much that he sacrificed everything he had so I could find true joy. I began to understand the power of forgiveness and repentance... and His Love changed me and continues to change me today.

When I left to go to Albuquerque on my mission I was overcome with the capacity my heart had to love the people that I taught and served... and even the complete strangers I spoke to everyday. My desire was that they would find true joy.

Now here I am today experiencing Love of a new and different kind. I still wake up amazed that I am going to be married in two short months. It is changing me, and making me different in really wonderful ways. But the amazing thing is that it is not just affecting me... it is changing my family, bringing us all closer together. I am finding joy and I am overwhelmed by it at times... because I know that there is more to come. It is all part of God's beautiful plan for us... one of purposes of life is to have joy! I am realizing more and more how closely connected having Joy is to having a family... which is also one of the purposes of life.

I don't know how many of you ever click on the links on my BLOG, but there is a link that says "What I believe" and it is a link to http://www.mormon.org/ which is a website that describes the basic beliefs of people from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (which is the church I go to). It is people sharing answers that they have found to some of life's greatest questions through the teachings of Jesus Christ and His restored church on the earth today. I know I haven't posted much about my faith before. I think that is because I know a lot of people who read this are members of my church. It really is a huge part of who I am.

So... check out the website... and let me know what you think.

No comments: