Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Relax

"And see that all these things are done in wisdom and order; for it is not requistie that a woman should run faster than she has strength. And again, it is expedient that she should be diligent, that thereby she might win the prize; therefore, all things must be done in order."
-Mosiah 4:72 (The Book of Mormon, Another Testament of Jesus Christ)
This week has been crazy already and it's only Wednesday! One Paper, Two Quizzes, a Lab report spanning the few weeks of data, and an Exam. Sometimes it can be hard to figure out how to utilize each moment of my time.
Should I work on my paper first, or study... do I read the chapter... look over the power point slides? Should I re-write my notes, formulate a table, do further research online? So many things to think about. I was thankful for the above scripture this morning. As I frantically woke up and went directly to my computer to prepare for my Microbiology Lab quiz today. I got quite a lot accomplished, but still needed more time.... however I suddenly realized I only had 30 minutes to get dressed and get to my next lecture.
I began frantically running around, threw on some clothes.. deodorant, brushed my teeth, packed a lunch and my backpack. Walked outside to notice it was freezing!!! Started my truck, realized that I had forgotten a scarf!!! Ran back up to my apartment, grabbed the scarf, said goodbye to my roommates for the second time and ran out the door. Now I only had 15 minutes to get parked at take the bus from Minneapolis to St. Paul....
And the words above came into my head, "Tacy It is not needful that you should run faster than you have strength." And so I took a deep breath, realized I was rushing for no reason. Told myself to RELAX and decided that I could skip my morning lecture and read the material at a later time.
I spent the last hour and a half in a peaceful and quiet library preparing for my quiz... I feel so ready to tackle it!!! Look I even had time to write this post.
Sometimes you just need to stop running, and relax. Deep breath... Ahhhhh. That felt nice, lets have another..... Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Ok wish me luck... it's quiz time!

1 comment:

tammy said...

I am finally back to blogging. Thanks for reading my blog. It is fun when I find out new people who read it.