Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Tales of a raging cookie addict!!!!!

SO my roommate just witnessed me ravenously throw down 8 Oatmeal Raisin cookies, I felt like kind of an animal doing it in front of her... don't worry I offered her some, in fact I had hopped she would eat a couple so I wouldn't! But she declined and watched me as we both laughed about it. I just wanted them gone, I didn't want to look at them anymore, or have the thought of them on the counter haunting me! I realize that I could have packed them up and delivered them to a friend, or perhaps even threw them in the garbage... but lets not get CRAZY here. The only logical idea I had was to eat the remainder of them very quickly in one sitting (these are just some of the irrational thoughts of a raging cookie addict) So that makes about 11 oatmeal, pecan, butter scotch cookies last week... 4 E.L. Fudges at the Friday Devotional... and about 20 since I made the batch of oatmeal raisin on Sunday. 11 + 4 + 20 = 35!
I don't count calories, but I have gained 10 pounds over the last couple of weeks.... LOL I think it might have something to do with my cookie consumption. Which I am not concerned about for two reasons.... ok maybe 3:
1. I am training to run a marathon, and I will just burn it off this week when I run 26 miles
2. People have told me I look cute with a little extra weight on me... which people told me in my thin state, so I know that they were not just trying to be nice. They were saying, "hey remember when you were a little chubby... that was a good look for you"
3. The sheer joy obtained from consuming mass quantities of cookies outweighs the discomfort of my jeans being a little too snug.
However when I told my mom about my indulgence she was like, "cut that out Tacy... you have to fit in your wedding dress!" Ok... so maybe I should take it easy. There are no more cookies in the house and I am going to take a stand today to watch my desserts for the next couple of months. Do you hear that I AM TAKING A STAND! I do not need cookies to feel satisfied! I will just have to resume eating jarsful of peanut butter each week (another food addiction that I have).

(*Slight tangent)Oatmeal raisin is my cookie of choice but I will consume just about any cookie in mass quantity if I am so given the opportunity. I used to have a deep love for Fig Newtons, however the discovery that they contained High Fructose Corn Syrup was a devastating blow to me.
Being around Nutritionist types at school all the time you hear a lot of controversy about High Fructose Corn Syrup... Like the fact that no other countries use it and here we are in the midst of a massive obesity epidemic. In fact if you look at charts that show when obesity increased and became a major issue, the timing coincidentaly is right around the time that High Fructose Corn Syrup was introduced on the market. If you look at a lot of products now people are advertising that they DO NOT contain High Fructose Corn Syrup... check out your local bread isle and you will see what I mean. Hence, like many of my fanatical peers I have deemed High Fructose Corn Syrup as another evil ingredient that should be abolished from the food industry in America. So consequently I get a little upset when I find out that food that I love have it in it. FIG NEWTONS HOW COULD YOU!!!!!!

No comments: