Friday, May 7, 2010

Who's got the baby?

Four Generations
(I would have liked to have Joni my mother in law in this picture, but like a good girl she went to Sunday School after sacrament, while we all played hooky and took photos outside)

This past weekend Fiona received her baby blessing at church. My mom (aka Granmmeemare... as she now likes to be called) made her a blessing gown out of the same fabric and lace as she made my wedding dress. It was a gorgeous blessing gown. A little tricky to get a baby into though. Before church three of us were in the Mother's lounge trying to dress her and there was so much dress that at one point we could barely even see Fiona and my mom said, "Who's got the baby!?!"



Here are the proud parents. I was full of emotion, so grateful to be a wife and mom. It is something I have wanted for a long time and being able to realize it is really incredible. Plus I was surrounded by my family... Even Katie and Jason and the kids drove down for the event. We had 17 members of our family over afterwards for a big lunch... I really enjoyed having our apartment filled to the brim with such great people. It made me really excited for the big family reunion we are going to have this summer.

What a little peanut

My sister was in town too, and she brought a ton of gifts for Fiona... mostly books and CD's (like Raffi) It was perfect, now we have lots of fun stories to read to her and hours and hours of songs like Rub your Tummy and Baa Baa Black Sheep.

I wish my sister lived closer... she is going to be a great Auntie.

I am looking forward to this weekend. It will be my very first Mother's Day as a mommy, Chuck is going to make me a fancy meal... Can't wait :) I have a new found appreciation for the women of the world as of late.

Also this up and coming Wednesday is my 6 week postpartum appointment. I promised myself I was going to wait at least six weeks to start running again. It has been almost a year since I have laced up my sneakers for a run. I couldn't be more excited about it.

So many good things to look forward to!

Happy Mother's Day to all you ladies!
Even if you don't have kids of your own, your womenly-ness makes the world go round.


1 comment:

Trisha said...

I came across your blog on Toni's list. Was fun to see what you have been up to. Hardly recognized you in glasses. Happy mother's day. As for me, I usually just feel "guilty" most of the day. Could and should have done so much more!